Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Launching drones from Mecha?

1 year, 3 months ago

Howdy,

LOVE this mod. But I can't figure out something that is probably easy.

When I'm the Mecha a/k/a Spidertron... I have a couple drone launchers on board. I have some "Scout drone 2" and "Guide drone (uranium)" in the weapons slots that appear when I'm in the Mecha...

BUT... I can't figure out how to launch them. I have the necessary remotes, but they only want to fire from turrets located in my base -- not the Mecha.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

They fire like a weapon. Make sure the drone cannon weapon is selected and fire at a nearby target like you would a gun. It's a technical limitation that spidertrons cannot behave as artillery turrets for the sake of remotes, even if you let them shoot artillery ammunition. It works OK for if you're walking around and want to drop an ore patch nearby or some bio drones. The limited range means the scout drones aren't particularly useful. You can use excavation drones, but need to be very careful to do it from far enough away that you don't kill yourself.

New response