Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Why dynamite is so complex to research?

1 year, 4 months ago

I'm now stuck in situation when I can't build straight main bus or build train network because cliffs and explosive is so far in research queue.
Mod is excellent, but situation disturb me.

1 year, 4 months ago

You start with a finite supply of explosives in your crash site. Use them carefully for emergency situations such as a cliff in your bus.

You get the first explosive recipe in purple science, which is not considered particularly far into the tech tree. It's the same tech tier that you get train stations/signals, red belts, filter inserters, or the ability to build research labs beyond the 1 you start with. You shouldn't need to scale up too much before this, because you don't have all the tools that you need to do so without some of the other things you'll find in purple science. In red science you can make due with a small bootstrap spaghetti base, because all the research costs are still so low.

The real recipe for explosives that you can produce on a larger scale is in green science, which is mid game, about half a tier later. But this earlier recipe in purple is useful for emergency situations like you describe.

1 year, 4 months ago

As for workarounds, for a bus, you can always have some undergrounds under the cliff and have a gap in the bus. Annoying, yes, but it could even come in handy later when you need to expand or insert something onto the bus and you have a bit of free space. Trains are a little harder, but as mentioned, you get trains at the same tech level as explosives. You probably don't have the production scale for a full city block grid prior to the purple explosives recipe. Clearing the way for a few rails would be a good use of your starting supply of explosives.

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

I’m already spent all my explosives for wind turbines grid, because you can’t place turbine in improper position due to proximity prohibition((

But I do understand your point, my problem is a just matter of some time – waiting until all researches will be done. It’s still strange though, that first explosive is more complicated then automated drones, but ok, rules are rules)

Thank you very much for your reply!

New response