Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

b Error on attempt to update

1 year, 5 months ago

Received the following error:

Unable to install all required dependencies for the selected mods: There is no compatible version of Angel's Smelting on the mod portal.. Would you like to update the mods without dependencies?

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

How long has it been since you updated last? How old was the version you're upgrading from?

This doesn't seem like something that has changed recently. Angel's Smelting hasn't changed in many months, and Nullius's dependency on it hasn't changed in even longer.

I can fully upgrade to the latest version of everything and don't see any incompatibility. So I'm not sure how to reproduce whatever you're experiencing. Has anyone else seen this happen?

One theory is some type of transient server or networking error was interfering with your connection with the mod portal.

1 year, 5 months ago

I don't know how long it had been since I last updated, but the version I had of your mod was 1.5.19.

One caveat that I had forgotten about was that I had removed some mods when cleaning up my mods folder and A Smelting was one of them. That could have caused the issue I suppose.

I went back reattempt the update and clicked yes in response to the error. I then loaded the old save (of course downloaded A Smelting) and it loaded properly.

New response