Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Mining Drones

1 year, 5 months ago

Why can't I use it with Mining Drones? I want to use Mining Drones. Mining Drones has no technology tree and cannot be unlocked.

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

As mentioned in the FAQ, mods like that don't just work out of the box. In this case the recipes are not compatible, using items that don't exist in Nullius, and different crafting categories and item subgroups, for starters. The techs wouldn't work because Nullius has different science packs.

Techs and recipes need to be ported for Nullius. That work hasn't been done.

There hasn't been a lot of advocacy for porting it, in this case, because in Nullius you don't need to spend a lot of time setting up mines. You make a lot of things out of air and water, so your ore goes further, and those starter ore patches last you for a while. You get larger miners that cover bigger areas. You can use productivity modules on every step of production, so by the time your factory has scaled up enough to use ore quickly, it's using less because there are so many productivity steps. There are techs that allow you to create extra ore out of waste products or even essentially just water and energy like Seablock. And then in the late game you get infinite ore so you can refresh your mines instead of rebuilding them. So there isn't a stage of the game where adding more and more mines becomes a significant time sink.

1 year, 5 months ago

I like Nullius very much. Thank you for your reply.

New response