Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Impossible checkpoint? Produce 1000 Logistic Bot 4

1 year, 7 months ago

"Checkpoint: Robotic logistics analysis" requires me to start producing Logistic bot 4. The recipe for Logistic bot 4 uses Large cargo pod 3. The recipe for Large cargo pod 3 is unlocked by the technology "Personal storage 3" which... has "Checkpoint: Robotic logistics analysis" as a prerequisite. Unless I'm missing something there's a circular dependency problem here, and it's not possible to move forward.

I looked through the tech tree, but I can't see any other way to produce Large cargo pod 3 or Logistics bot 4. Using the recipe search function from Helmod I can see that there's a hidden alternate recipe for Logistic bot 4 that doesn't require Large cargo pod 3, but it's disabled and there's no technology to unlock it that I can see.

I figure since it's so late in the tech tree people rarely get here, and it's pretty likely to be an oversight. Happy to be proven wrong if there's a way around this I'm not seeing.

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

I suspect you're using a version of the mod at least 8 versions old, from approximately the first week after cargo pods were introduced into the mod. This dependency was fixed shortly after cargo pods were added. The fix was in 1.5.6. The current version of Nullius is 1.5.12. The last update was almost a month ago and there haven't been any problems with equipment since then, so it's in a more stable state than it was for the first couple of weeks after new personal equipment was added.

1 year, 7 months ago

Ah, right you are, update fixed it. I hadn't considered that the mod would have changed much in the ~2 months since I started my playthrough, but you've been busy!

Thanks for the quick response, and great work on the mod. Best overhaul mod for advanced players I've tried. The way you themed the whole game around the eventual goal of terraforming and the different resource availability on a non-biological world is inspired, really puts it a cut above.

New response