Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

i Recommendations for the first 5 minutes

1 year, 10 months ago

I've gotten started with Nullius and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm quite early, just unlocked plastic and I'm working through the ingredients needed for it. The checkpoint system is a great idea, especially for a Angel's-style mod or modpack with many fluids and intermediate steps.

I think a lot of the initial confusion, the "How do I research the first technology?" question in the FAQ, is because you've got an unusual way to start, and players that aren't expecting it are a bit confused. I read the FAQ before I started, and I was still stumped and needed to go back and re-read that section. For me, the following could've helped. These are ideas, and as with all player ideas, feel free to take them with a grain of salt :)
- The piece of the crashed ship called "Landing site lab" should be called "Broken landing site lab" or something, to indicate that it is not functional.
- The first technology should include some basic instructions, rather than "Analysis of local mineral composition and soil conditions.", I recommend something like "Clean up the broken landing ship, then build a Laboratory 1 and instruct it to scan local mineral consumption and soil conditions."

1 year, 9 months ago

I wondered too and if you came from a vanilla run where a lot of players want to keep the crash site as decoration you have a hard time understanding you have to deconstruct it.
I also fiddled with the broken lab and generator and wondered how i get power poles until i saw the deconstruction results.

Pro tipp: Research, build what you have researched, repeat.

the checkpoints are great to have a guiding light through the research tab.

New response