Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

i Thermal Solar

2 years ago

I love your design but I would love to have the thermal solar and the thermal storages as an extra mod for vanilla because I would love to play it but not with your complete mod. So if you have some time could you make a separate mod only wiht your green energy production buildings? I think there are many people who would love this to see.

2 years ago

It's complicated for a number of reasons. One issue is that the vanilla heat exchanger is tuned for use with nuclear, not solar thermal. And the Nullius heat exchanger only makes sense for Nullius's different fluids. For vanilla water I'd need to implement a new lower temperature version and make it visually distinct from vanilla, perhaps just by tinting it.

Vanilla heat pipe is a little too high tech because it's meant for nuclear, but I guess we could just have it be unlocked with solar thermal tech too without much trouble. It also doesn't really make sense to have multiple tiers of solar collector in vanilla like it does in Nullius. But someone using it in another mod pack might want tiers. There's a significant amount of adaptation that would be required for it to be standalone.

Also the collector graphics are kind of placeholder graphics that could use proper 3d artwork, and having it be a standalone mod would really put those front and center. It seems a bit unfinished to promote it as it's own feature without more polished art.

2 years ago

I understand what you say but as I said if you have some free time. Because I am searching very long for a mod like this but all the mods that are available dont realy look good but yours also if it only uses graphics it looks extremly good.

New response