Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

b Incompatibility with Gizmo's Car Keys

2 years ago

First and foremost, thanks for such an interesting and novel take on the Factorio world!

I have an incompatibility to report: Using Nullius and Gizmo's Car Keys (improved) a.k.a. GCKI 1.1.1, the recipe for the keys does not unlock with any of the automobile technologies (Personal transportation 1, 2 or 3). On a vanilla+GCKI, the key recipe unlocks with Automobilism.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

It's pretty standard for mods like that to not work out of the box, because Nullius doesn't have any vanilla tech prereqs for mods to hook off of. Furthermore, if the recipe was unlocked, it probably wouldn't work, because Nullius doesn't have a lot of the vanilla materials and the crafting machines have different categories. So since this mod isn't on the list of supported mods (see the bottom of the information tab for the list of mods like this that have been ported to work with Nullius), it wouldn't be considered a bug but a feature request.

But I'll test it out, and if the keys just work with the modded cars apart from needing the recipe to craft them, then it should be a simple port for me to consider. I can see how this feature would be useful.

2 years ago

Apologies, yes, please consider this a feature request. The keys work out of the box with most (non-train) vehicle mods that I've seen to date, so I suspect it's just attaching the key recipe to the right tech.

2 years ago

This mod is now supported in the latest release.

2 years ago

Hi! I've taken up working on GCKI again. One of the changes I've already made is that I add green circuits to any recipe producing a "car" or "spider-vehicle" prototype that do not already contain green, red, or blue circuits. Would that interfere with "Nullius"? Should I use something else when your mod is active. Also, do you have any "car" or "spider-vehicle" prototypes that I should ignore?

The other thing is I've just begun to migrate the car keys from "item" to "selection-tool". Once that's done the recipe would be obsolete. There's no danger of that happening very soon, though. I also plan to add a GUI to permit bulk operations, and that will probably take a while.

2 years ago

Nullius doesn't really use green circuits. The closest analogue would probably be the decider-combinator (which is localized as "logic circuit" in Nullius) or programmable-speaker (which is localized as "antenna"). The green circuit icon is reused for something else, but it's significantly higher tech than vehicles, so it wouldn't be a good option.

The vehicles all include lower tech vehicles in their recipe. So if you add anything to the nullius-car-1 recipe, it will be included in the costs of all other cars and spider-vehicles. So for Nullius is might make sense to just add it to that one recipe and not add it to all of them.

2 years ago

Thanks for the reply!

Nullius doesn't really use green circuits. The closest analogue would probably be the decider-combinator (which is localized as "logic circuit" in Nullius) or programmable-speaker (which is localized as "antenna").

Yes, an antenna makes a lot of sense. I mean, when you can summon your car from across the base, there must be some kind of receiving unit in the car that does this. An antenna actually is more fitting to the theme, the green circuits were just some work-around because the vanilla game doesn't have antennas. :-)

The vehicles all include lower tech vehicles in their recipe. So if you add anything to the nullius-car-1 recipe, it will be included in the costs of all other cars and spider-vehicles. So for Nullius is might make sense to just add it to that one recipe and not add it to all of them.

Will all your prototype names start with "nullius", so that I can make a search pattern? Also, I think I should move my function from data-final-fixes to data-updates. Not sure if there was any reason that I've put it into the last stage …

2 years ago

Yes, there are 5 types of car and 2 types of spider-vehicle, all of which start with the "nullius-" prefix in their entity and item names. nullius-car-1 is the lowest tech vehicle and is ultimately used in all the other vehicle recipes.

2 years ago

OK, I've blacklisted all cars/trucks/mechas and whitelisted "car-nullius-1", and it seems to work now. Thanks for your advice!

New response