Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

b Surge electrolyzer in Factorissimo

2 years ago

Using a Surge electrolyzer in a Factory building of Factorissimo2 seems to be impossible. It always complains about "No power" regardless of the amount of power available in the main grid. I've also tried to change the input rate of the factory without effect.
The only way to get it working seems to be to generate power inside the factory, which of course is kinda hard with Nullius way to generate electricity. Grid battery also does not charge (except by in-factory generated power).
Is there any way to get it working? I'd rather prefer keeping the 2x crafting speed and surge behavior instead of using priority electrolyzers.

2 years ago

I would guess it's matter of how Factorissimo2 works - it only pulls as much power as needed, and surge building uses energy that is not used but available, so it won't trigger with factory building taking enough energy to run normal buildings.

2 years ago

Surge stuff operates on the same priority level as accumulators, and apparently Factorissimo internal power works like an accumulator too. The game only has 3 power levels to choose from, so there would be no way to fix this except to make surge equipment behave exactly like the priority versions, breaking their intended behavior. So unfortunately it seems that you'll have to use priority stuff within Factorissimo factories. At higher technology levels, the speed gap between them diminishes, though that doesn't help you right away.

2 years ago

Thanks for the reply! I was suspecting was something unsolvable, I didn't notice the lvl 3 electrolyzers have the same crafting speed though, that makes my recipes doable, thanks.

New response