Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Fuel for Transport Drones

3 years ago

Hey, I've been playing this mod for a bit now and apart from the sometimes annoying recipes it's really cool.
Here's the problem though: I want to transition in to a Transport Drone base, however they use methane gas as fuel but I can only produce methane. It's technically the same thing but the game doesn't work that way of course. I already tried to disable fuel cost but it doesn't work and it honestly would feel like I'm cheating. So where can I change their fuel type?
Thanks in advance!

3 years ago

In Nullius TDs use steam as fuel. But if you've had the mod installed before Nullius, you might need to do a mod setting reset for the fuel switch to happen (I had to).

3 years ago

How can I do that?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

There's a button in the top right corner of the mod settings window that lets you reset the settings that are currently open (startup, map or player). Be aware though, that this resets all currently open settings for all mods.

3 years ago

I tried it and it didn't work for me. Did you change something in the config/files of the mod itself?

3 years ago

Not that I can recall. Maybe try uninstalling the mod, loading the Nullius game, saving, and then installing again? You can find the discussion of the same issue on Discord here (the link should jump to the exact message, if it doesn't, just search for "transport drones"): https://discord.com/channels/804878388200341504/804883811137617960/818070972115451914

3 years ago

Do you have any other mods that introduce new game content and are not required by Nullius or listed on the Nullius mod page as supported? It could be some sort of interaction with another mod that tries to override the default fuel requirement. I don't think methane gas is the default fuel, the default fuel is petroleum. So if you're seeing methane gas, it suggests an interaction with a third party mod.

New response