Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

b Starting bots not working

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The starting bots aren't building or deconstructing anything. Only rarely they'll "wake up" and build some ghosts, but most of the time they do nothing. Is there some condition (other than having the roboport and charger powered) that determines if they'll work or not?

They seem to work fine if I place the roboport as a building and set up the logistics chest, but when equipped, it does not work ~90% of the time.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

What percentage of power does your suit have? If you're at 0% power, then the bots will wait until your equipment charges up. The starter bots are suitable for small jobs, but will run down your power on larger tasks. And if it happens to be at night, recharging may take a while since it's powered by solar panels. Upgrading to a better suit with more solar panels and batteries/capacitors will help. Placing down the roboport is a good workaround for larger construction projects, and that's why a logistics chest was added to the starter equipment.

If it's not power issues with your suit, another alternative is the little button in the center that toggles your roboport off (alt+r).

If it's neither of those things, I don't really have any other theories. They work for me. We can discuss options for how to demonstrate your bug if you've ruled out the other explanations. You can join us on the Nullius Discord if you want to post screenshots or other files supporting your bug report.

3 years ago

Ah, it must be the Alt+R thing because I also use that as a shortcut for rotating some stuff. The misunderstanding might be that even though the shortcut button is disabled (I haven't researched robo tech yet), the keyboard shortcut still works β€” roboport gets toggled on/off, but without any notifications or any way to check if it's on or not.

New response