Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

i Item Names seem quite bland?

3 years ago

I played this mod on a server one time and saw that the actual gameplay part of the mod seemed pretty good, but the fact that the names of the items were not very indicative of what they were meant to do, or not very creative such as naming the pipes pipe 1, pipe 2 and so on, so I was wondering if you were planning on doing something about that and if not if you would be open to receiving help? If so please ask and I will send you my Discord.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I think this is just going to boil down to personal preference and a different design philosophy. Pipe 1 and 2 can each be made by 2 quite different recipes, yet the variants serve the same function and can be used in the same recipes. I don't see the value in doing it like other mods and naming it after the material it's made of, but otherwise functionally equivalent and some of them are unusable as intermediates. I'd be more interested in hearing what you don't think is indicative of its function. In certain cases, such as valves, the true function is not always immediately obvious in the early game until you have more experience with solving complex fluid interactions and are familiar with the nuances of the fluid system in Nullius. Our discord server is listed on the information page, so you're welcome to share your thoughts there if you'd prefer.

New response