Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

i Support for Artisinal Reskins mods?

3 years ago

Hi. Thanks for the great mod! I was never interested in more difficult version of Factorio and never expected to stick with Nullius, but it seems to be just the right balance between "more intricate" and "not too frustrating" (at least so far).

Since Nullius uses graphics from Bob's and Angel's mods, would it be possible to also support the respective Artisinal Reskins mods?

3 years ago

Probably possible. I'll investigate to see if it makes sense and isn't overwhelming. I have a to-do list of mods to add compatibility with that I'm going through, so I'll add this to the list.

3 years ago

OK, thanks!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Looking at it, making a reskin for Nullius is certainly doable but I think would best involve tailored kitbashes for some of the rescaled structures. Imposition of tier-colors makes a sort-of-kind-of sense given the structure progression.

Anachrony, where the mods could be useful to you are in the tintable masks for all the various structures/icons you currently tint. A few more variations for the furnaces, up-to-date icons in high res, that sort of thing. There's nothing you could really do to make them "compatible" except to use them as asset packs the way you use Bobs/Angels.

modo, a reskin FOR Nullius I think is something I'd have to make myself. Which I am interested in doing, but who knows when. :D

(As a side-note, Anachrony, you forgot the shadow layer for your Geothermal plants).

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Kirazy, I'm thinking that a way to do it for some structures is just use a function to deepcopy the angel structure's graphics and then change any scale that I need to in the copy. That should pick up any changes that were made by other mods. Then I can tint the copy conditionally,
only if there isn't a reskin mod already giving those different colors.

It's a big change, and there has been lower hanging fruit, but I haven't forgotten about this.

3 years ago

The latest update has around 50% support for Artisanal Reskins: Bob's.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Kirazy, I'm thinking that a way to do it for some structures is just use a function to deepcopy the angel structure's graphics and then change any scale that I need to in the copy. That should pick up any changes that were made by other mods. Then I can tint the copy conditionally,
only if there isn't a reskin mod already giving those different colors.

It's a big change, and there has been lower hanging fruit, but I haven't forgotten about this.

https://github.com/kirazy/reskins-library/blob/116fa0533c2a1099489af1ca2f8327b46d04a1b4/prototypes/functions/entity-rescaling.lua#L137

The functions from line 137 and beyond may be of interest to you. They recursively rescale a given entity in its entirety.

Usage: rescale_entity(data.raw[type][name], 3/2), where 3/2 is scaling factor (It is advised to always use integer tile ratios, though I've noticed you use some interesting scaling factors).

The rescale function (which you can lift wholesale) in combination with util.merge may be of interest. Then all you have to do is come along behind it and make whatever additional changes are needed. (Don't try to merge animation/icons, the results will be wonky).

Example usage of util.merge:

util.merge{data.raw["assembling-machine"]["advanced-chemical-plant"], {
        name = "advanced-chemical-plant-3",
        minable = {result = "advanced-chemical-plant-3"},
        module_specification = {module_slots = 4},
        crafting_speed = 3.5,
        energy_source = {emissions_per_minute = 0.1 * 60},
        energy_usage = "500kW",
}},

Creates a new entity, but using Angel's advanced chemical plant as a base, but changing the fields that were specified.

3 years ago

Yes, some of those would have been better than how the entities were originally implemented. However, for my current task, I can't actually just copy things as I intended, since Nullius doesn't actually use most of the Bob's mods, so none of the reskinned entities exist to copy. I'm just pulling in your Bob's Reskin masks and highlights for multiple tiers of vanilla entities.

New response