Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Roboport area and a few bugs

3 years ago

Not sure if this is intentional, but I've noticed that the construction area for Hangar 1 is a few blocks short of being able to place the next Hangar 1 at the edge of the network. For robot expansion you either have to space them closer together or place them by hand. Increasing the construction area of Hangar 1 just a smidge would be a very nice QOL improvement without significantly impacting balance.

I also see that a few entities are duplicated in the upgrade planner (turbines and geothermal plants).

3 years ago

I see what you mean about the construction radius, It looks like 1 tile short for hangar 1, relative to the logistic network size. I'll bump up the construction radius slightly.

The upgrade planner is kind of a known limitation of how they're implemented, but I'll play around with the prototypes to see if it can be improved.

3 years ago

The construction radius is bumped up in the latest release. Still looking into the upgrade planner issue.

3 years ago

Perfect, thanks! The roboport increase works well.

3 years ago

The upgrade planner issue is fixed as much as I could. The rest is a limitation in the game, but I filed a feature request with Factorio about it. Now those duplicates will not appear in the left hand side of the upgrade planner, but they will still show up on the right hand side as options to upgrade others into. It doesn't matter which duplicate you pick, the effect will be the same.

New response