Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Filter requirement loop

3 years ago

Filters are made in chemical plants, but chemical plants are made using filters, am I supposed to cannibalise one of my working chemical plants, or is there a workaround that I'm missing?

3 years ago

You have to reallocate one of your starting chemical plants. There should be just barely enough of them to start with to get early game processes like this started, but only if you use 1 per reaction, not if you double up on them. All the techs on the critical pathway to being able to build your own chemical plant have very low counts of required research packs. That's one of the last structures that you start out with that you learn to build, so once you do you can scale up production a lot more.

3 years ago

Ah, I did double up, good info, thanks!

New response