Nullius

In this Factorio prequel, you're an android terraforming planets and seeding them with life. Replaces all recipes and technology. No life means no coal, oil, wood, biters, or free oxygen, requiring varied renewable energy sources. For reliability, you'll focus on abundant elements from the air, sea, or common minerals such as iron ore, bauxite, sandstone, and limestone. Advanced technology enables asteroid mining of rarer elements.

Overhaul
3 months ago
Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing Power

g Non disposable Gas

3 years ago

Hi,
Thanks for your work on this mod, I like the atmosphere and the idea behind ! Quick question, I'm setting up chemistry and I'm going big for early plastic production. I have an excess in Hydrogen Chlorid at the moment, but I cannot get rid of the excess thanks to a Chimney. I noticed in the tooltip that this gas is labelled as Non disposable. Does it mean the Chimney won't work, and that I will have to empty the tank sometimes ? Thanks !

3 years ago

That was my experience, but it won't be too long before you can dump all your excess hydrogen chloride gas into hydrochloric acid. Hydrochloric acid gets involved in other waste streams and where I am in the game, working on science 4 precursor material chains, I have had to build extra HCl production from brine.

In case you haven't realized, you can use pumps to fill tanks to capacity instead of having them sit at 40% or 60% pressure, depending on which pipes you use. The pressure system in this mod is unusual and I'm still getting used to it. I found that two pumped tanks (or one pump going directly into two connected tanks) was about enough for me to get all the plastic I needed for tier 3 science (red) and infrastructure before I eventually implemented the chain to clear out the HCl.

3 years ago

Yes, certain gases and liquids are marked as non-disposable and can't be vented directly in the chimney or outfall. In the case of hydrogen chloride it has to be neutralized with another reaction before it can be disposed of. You can't do it right away, so you may need to empty a tank a few times manually, but the technology is not very advanced. Eventually you'll end up using the hydrogen chloride except in rare situations where your production is backed up, so you won't need a large capacity for neutralizing it.

3 years ago

Is the logic that HCl is corrosive and hinders the terraforming efforts?

3 years ago

And messes up your equipment. Yes, it's just too harmful. Fluids like this are marked in the tooltip description if you hover over the icon. Theoretically, chlorine gas should probably be the same, but from a gameplay perspective that would make it too difficult. HCl is produced as a byproduct in much more limited quantities so it's not too hard of an obstacle.

3 years ago

i really appreciate the considerations to realism in this mod, really well done.

New response