Mini Machines Mod

by Kryzeth

Miniature versions of assemblers, electric furnaces, etc. Full integration with all of Bobs mods and ShinyBobGFX/ShinyAngelGFX, Industrial Revolution, Factorio Extended Plus (FXP), Gotlag's Electric Furnaces, AAI Industry, Fantario, and One More Tier. (independently, not necessarily simultaneously)

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i [Released!] MicroMachine 1x1

3 years ago

Thanks for the very practical mod.
Because feedback is desired, here is the following request:
I'm missing a MicroAssembler type machine, 1x1 in size.
Not all tiers are necessary, only up to tier 2.
Is that complicated to do?

Danke für den sehr praktischen Mod.
Weil Feedback erwünscht ist, hier folgender Wunsch:
Mir fehlt eine Maschine vom Typ MicroAssembler, 1x1 gross.
Es sind auch gar nicht alle Tiers nötig, nur bis zu Tier 2.
Ist das kompliziert zu machen?

3 years ago

Thank you very much for the feedback; I'm glad you've enjoyed it!

I have received requests before for micro machines (though I think it was for micro mining drills, not assemblers), and it is a very interesting idea... I can definitely make it work for vanilla, since there aren't that many assemblers. The full list would only be normal assembler 1-3, mini assembler 1-3, and micro assembler 1-3, which all fits on one line of the crafting menu (10 recipes to 1 line).

The problems would start when introducing the micro assemblers to any of the other supported mods, like Bobs, AAI, or Krastorio. I wonder if it would be better to have that as a separate mod... I don't think there ARE any existing 1x1 assembler mods on the portal, are there? Hmm...

3 years ago

Thank you for taking note of my request.
Yes, as far as I know there are no 1x1 micro machines as a mod.
The idea of bringing out such micro machines as an independent mod is very good.
My style of play is compact construction.
Micro machines could be used for small auxiliary work so that the structure of a factory complex can be preserved.
It's actually strange that Factorio doesn't have a 1x1 version.

If you would do the job of making such a mod I would be very happy - Thank you very much.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Phew, alright, took quite a while to prune some code from mini machines, but the official release is up! Micro Machines located here. It only does assemblers, furnaces, miners, beacons, and radars, and isn't compatible with as many mods as mini machines (yet), but it should hopefully do the job!

3 years ago

Thank you very much, I am very happy to test the mod.
I am convinced that it works as well as this mod.

New response