Material Storage

Please submit a topic in discussions if this mod behaved weird, this will help much! Factorio mod inspired by Applied Energistics 2 from Minecraft. Store items, smelt plates, craft and uncraft goods, refine oil - all this inside a single chest inventory

Content
4 months ago
Fluids Logistic network Circuit network Manufacturing Storage

g Any order in crafting?

22 days ago

Hi, Im enjoying your mod, but i don't quite understand everything yet, i have made a setup for green science but it keeps making wire and other components (except gear) until slot is full ( i have stacks x4, so it takes a while), is there any particular order to arrange the crafting templates so it can be more effective? or limit the amount of items in each slot? Thanks for the awesome mod.

22 days ago

Hello, thank you for kind words,

Unfortunately, there is no ability to limit items for production by numbers less than their original stack size.

Each second script checks the contents of a material chest and collects a list of all crafting/smelting/chemical templates from there. Then it loops through that list and checks if it is possible to craft an item and places result into a digital storage.

That list of templates is generated by the game itself but most likely it is collected from left to right from top to bottom. So it is better to place item templates in order in which they are depend from each other. In your case it is better to put crafting templates like:

• iron / copper plates smelting
  • gears
  • wire
  • belts
  • circuits
  • manipulators
  • green science

Also take into account that you could place several templates for one recipe into a chest, because you most likely need more than one template for iron plates and copper plates because iron is consumed for all: gears, belts, circuits and manipulators.

Also there is an ability to make x2 / x4 / x8 crafts per second by simply placing "Crafting Expansion Card (x2/4/8)" inside the chest

21 days ago

Yep, i was playing around and made a x2, rearranged everything trying slot 1 or the last slot with no visible results, ill keep testing, many thanks :)

New response