Material Storage

Please submit a topic in discussions if this mod behaved weird, this will help much! Factorio mod inspired by Applied Energistics 2 from Minecraft. Store items, smelt plates, craft and uncraft goods, refine oil - all this inside a single chest inventory

Content
4 months ago
Fluids Logistic network Circuit network Manufacturing Storage

a Changing fluids... ...again

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

Hi all, I'm sorry for doing it but I have to change fluids system again. The idea of fluids was in my head literally for months and I realluy do not like how it was made in the mod so here is how it will be from next (0.4.0) version:

1) Each fluid will have its own digital analog. It will be simply crafted inside T2/T3 machines. For example 100 water is turned into 100 digital water. The thing is digital fluids are actually items, so it can be stored/gained within digital storage without any need of barrels, containers and cards
2) All chemical templates and refining templates will now be oriented towards digital fluids. So to craft for example sulfur you need to have both digital petroleum gas and digital water inside a storage
3) Refining cards will now also search for digital fluids to process and will be triggered with filter cells as usual crafts. (for example set filter for digital petroleum gas to start advanced refining process from digital crude oil and digital water)
4) For existing save files I will add a migration, old fluids that are already in a storage will be converted into their digital representations instantly and for free
5) Legacy support of barreling card will include transforming digital fluids + empty barrels to full barrels if you set a filter BUT full barrels will no longer be unpacked into digital storage so you have to make digital fluids according #1 of this announcement to start working with chemical templates. Most likely I will remove that card completely and simply add reverse recipes for turning digital fluid back into real fluids

This concept satisfies me and looks much easier than barreling/unbarreling
Thank you for understanding and sorry for that change!

New response