Material Storage

Please submit a topic in discussions if this mod behaved weird, this will help much! Factorio mod inspired by Applied Energistics 2 from Minecraft. Store items, smelt plates, craft and uncraft goods, refine oil - all this inside a single chest inventory

Content
4 months ago
Fluids Logistic network Circuit network Manufacturing Storage

g Dynamic Interfaces

8 months ago

Right now there's the interfaces ABCDEF, these are linked to each-other. Same with Material chest.

What if there's a more expensive interface/material chest, that isn't linked, which allows for more/infinite filtered slots in total?
For balance, maybe increase the energy consumption by X% for each of these extra interfaces?

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Hello,

I made them linked inventories on purpose because game handles linked inventories itself with high speed so I have to process only 7 inventories in total in LUA script. If I turn them into ordinary chests I have to process each chest separately and it most likely introduce lags.

Also more slots means more time for script to calculate. Increasing slots amount might negatively impact game UPS.

In one of further updates I'm going to introduce mod settings with various parameters including interfaces and material chest size so user could set these to whatever numbers they want, but once again, more slots = more operations to calculate = UPS impact eventually

8 months ago

Ah, totally understandable, glad to hear that you're so keen on UPS, i'd love to see this mod grow!

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

Hello, please be informed latest update has settings now. Specifically now you have an ability to define the number of slots inside both chest and interface. It supports quite large number up to 5000 but I do not recommend it to set like that as even on relatively small factory it already drops UPS up to 59.6 when normal is 60

Have fun,
Engineer

New response