Material Storage

Please submit a topic in discussions if this mod behaved weird, this will help much! Factorio mod inspired by Applied Energistics 2 from Minecraft. Store items, smelt plates, craft and uncraft goods, refine oil - all this inside a single chest inventory

Content
4 months ago
Fluids Logistic network Circuit network Manufacturing Storage

g Material Chest is full

8 months ago

Can i upgrade my Material Chest i have many crafting to update the speed and i fill de pattern.

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Hello,

Do you mean you spent all 150 slots with crafting templates and you have no space to insert new ones to increase items/second speed?

I was thinking about this problem already and I have kind of solution in my mind. Next update I'm going to introduce some sort of "Crafting Expansion Module". It will stack up and give each template inside the chest x2 crafts per second.

Also I'm going to introduce a number of mod settings so you could configure how many slots you want to have inside Material Chest and Material Interface (but be aware that more slots mean more calculation each second that might impact UPS if set to big numbers)

Thanks,
Engineer

8 months ago

OK, thanks

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Waiting for the upgrade, i start a new map with your mod. I play with the Scenenary OAC new Brave World, everything is with robots. No manual crafting.

8 months ago

Here you are. Now you have 3 tiers of crafting expansion cards that allow EACH crafting template make up to x8 crafts per second. Say you have 8 smelting templates + tier 3 card = 64 iron per second. I had to rewrite almost all the code to keep stability and speed, I hope it works now, at least I tried to test and debug all mechanics. Once I verify it works as intended I will try to introduce mod settings

Cheers,
Engineer

8 months ago

Great!!!, i go to try it, thanks

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

I got this error when open my map Error while running event material-storage::on_load()
Detected modifications to the 'global' table:
CRC before: 781731659
CRC after: 2041846898.

It works fine if i start a new map in the OARC BRAVE NEW SCENARY

8 months ago

I hope it is fixed now, please try

8 months ago

I love yourmod, make new possibilities of playing. I think that you can improve , if you make one chest for energy icons and another for crafting recipes.

8 months ago

Thank you. I will think about that, but honestly it breaks a balance a little. See the main philosophy of this mod is a wise slots managements. I made that on purpose to make user decide which features they want. I mean if you want more free power - place use many solar panels, but then you have less space for crafting templates. You do not want to waste space for solars? Well, build a factory for producing charged material crystals (they make 1k energy each once placed into the chest btw.) The main idea is actually to wisely manage those 150 slots balancing features you need. Well, actually material interfaces (those A-F chests that actually could import/export items) and crafting expansion cards already were kind of step out of initial idea, but anyway, I will think what else could be done, probably kind of "lenses" to increase solar production

8 months ago

ok, i don't know 1k energy from Material Crystals . I play more and tell you something.

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

Hello, please be informed latest update has settings now. Specifically now you have an ability to define the number of slots inside both chest and interface. It supports quite large number up to 5000 but I do not recommend it to set like that as even on relatively small factory it already drops UPS up to 59.6 when normal is 60. Also you can adjust how much energy each material crystal and solar panel produces

Have fun,
Engineer

New response