Enemy Race Manager

by heyqule

Add support to have multiple races of enemies and add various enhancements to enemy races. They become tougher as you kill them. Added aerial enemies to all races. Buffed defensive entities and some attacks to balance with high level enemies. Free For All games!! Please visit the mod page or search "ERM -" mods to download the new demo races.

Content
a month ago
Combat Enemies Environment

b Issues with Rampant mod

1 year, 9 months ago

I have issues with rampant mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Rampant

Could you remove "chunk-scanner-squad-rampant" enemy entity from generation by other races?
(it looks like a giant bitter β€” it is too weak 10hp, but overlap all space).

Issue: when the customised race start the battle, this enemy entity start mass-generation on the base, dies, and overlap all space.
Unplayable.

1 year, 9 months ago

same for "chunk-scanner-squad-movement-rampant"

1 year, 9 months ago

looks like they spawned after an enemy died (or damaged?).

1 year, 9 months ago

Custom races don't work with Rampant. My advice is to turn Rampant off if you are playing with custom races. Rampant logic only applies to the original biter race ("enemy" force).

Those "chunk-scanner-squad" / "chunk-scanner-squad-movement" entities are for Rampant's AI logic. Removing it will break the mod.

This mod has very limited compatibility with it. I just make sure the game don't crash in case someone want try the race mod on Rampant turned on.

1 year, 9 months ago

I don't understand how those "chunk-scanner-squad-movement" work. Let see whether Veden can help on this.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Rampant/discussion/62cfade8cac72c8558564aa2

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

I just wanted to replace Natural Evolution Enemies (+ Rampant) with yours (+ Rampant) for new experience :)
...interested in flying enemies and other effects.

ok, it does not work well now, unfortunately...

1 year, 9 months ago

ya. My custom races are under a new force, while all other biter mods are using "enemy" force. Hence those are easily compatible with Rampant.

Rampant also do very aggressive unit groups manipulation. So some features may not compatible with each other as well. I have seen my custom attack group sometimes get disbanded while my mod was generating units for the group.

I hope Veden can help on fixing some obvious issues like the one you mentioned.

New response