Rampant

by Veden

Improves the enemies tactics by using potential fields (pheromones) allowing probing of defenses, retreats, reinforcements, counterattacking, breaching, raids, rallying death cry, and player hunting. Uses blockable biter projectiles. Adds new Enemies which can be disabled in mod settings. Difficulty setting in mod options menu.

Content
6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

b "chunk-scanner-squad-rampant" and " "chunk-scanner-squad-movement-rampant" biter entities became visible

1 year, 8 months ago

Hi

An user of my mod notice that custom race spawning huge visible "chunk-scanner" biter on enemy unit's death. I'm trying to dig the cause. But I'm not able to see how that happens. Any help to fix it will be appreciated.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/enemyracemanager/discussion/62cf6dbb522333469269d81b

1 year, 8 months ago

Why not to play with no New Enemies if you need that mod in your game? Similar issue for another mod was already placed here. No matter how many fixes apply in the end a conflict will appear. Use mods changing different game aspects, avoid mods changing everything (like K2, SE, etc.) or play only those mods.

1 year, 8 months ago

I suggested him to turn off Rampant since the Rampant AI don't apply to the custom races anyway. I just want to see whether that's a quick fix. But since you say another mod has similar issue, I assume the issue has been here for a while.

1 year, 8 months ago

Hm, but I didn't say it about Rampant AI, I'm about Rampant replacing units, spawners, worms, when New Enemies option is On.

Perhaps your guess about general Rampant AI is correct as biter unit death triggers wave of biters activities in nearby chunks. And I see in mod code such enemy unit prototype, but no idea what it is used for, it's not seen by player normally... better ask Veden. Or you can search in mod code yourself when such unit is generated/spawned. I prefer to keep away from analyzing pheromones logics and things alike in Rampant code to not destroy interest in mod biters magic behavior. :-)

1 year, 8 months ago
(updated 1 year, 8 months ago)

ya. It's Veden's question. The Rampant code is magic to me and I won't change anything that I don't understand lol. I see chunk-scanner-squad units are used in its AI code for surface.find_non_colliding_position(). But I don't see how they spawn and how those units became visible under my mod.

1 year, 2 months ago

OK, it's killing me, so I have discovered it through full mods list.
The issue can be visible in the game with Rampant mod enabled only.

1 year, 2 months ago

Care to provide steps to reproduce the problem and/or a save?

1 year, 2 months ago

I don't have steps, but I'll provide a save: https://file.io/lt2sMNlADQPn
The save expires: Feb 28, 2023 9:56 PM

It's with dropped other mods, without other units spam, and in editor mode.
To start just select the "Time" tab, and click "Play" button there.

Possible issue: I think we somehow got spawner-spitters and/or spawner-biters with the unitSet and/or result_units map field that has these two problem units. Check these small spitters/biters there under leviathans paws there.

1 year, 2 months ago

I'll try to process those fields in functions (rampant sources) and filter them out to test it.

Also, I've temporary set LARGE values for pollutionToAttack (34028234663852890000000000000000000000.000000) and distractionCooldown (4294967295) to ignore chunk scanners to be generated randomly somewhere in nests.

1 year, 2 months ago

@saaadel That file link says it has been deleted.

1 year, 2 months ago

let me re-upload it somewhere

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Try from the Google Drive's folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VWoFJREQGBJF7SikQsYLHGR4YctiF9HI?usp=share_link

P.S. Happy New Year ! =)

11 months ago

Thanks for the report, the units in question are no longer apart of the mod and you should not see those units any more

New response