Companion Drones 2.0: Remnant's Protocol

by Wearo

A standalone fork of Companion Drones, based on the original build. Drones that build, repair and fight on their own, with full and improved autonomy, research, and a story of their own from a lost civilisation. Must be run instead of the original mod, not alongside it.

Content
2 days ago
2.0
578
Logistics Combat Logistic network

i the funny. By this i mean dialog for meeting enemy factions

4 days ago

example factions: "So what if we took the reploicators from star gate and dumped them into factorio", " BRAINS.mp4", "The OTHER biters", and "ARRRG M8IES " (
Proliferation https://mods.factorio.com/mod/proliferation, Zombie faction https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ZombieHordeFaction?from=search, proto-biters https://mods.factorio.com/mod/old_biters_remastered, and pirate fleet https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pirate-fleet?from=search)

3 days ago

Thanks for the idea! However, I'm sorry, but I won't add it for now. Each faction mod, such as the ones you have attached, names its enemies differently, so I'd have to install and test every one of them. And if one of those mods changes its names in an update in the future (or changes how it works internally), the lines quietly stop working. That's a lot of upkeep for a line most players see once. Cross-mod compatibility and interactions are generally expensive functions.
Thanks again, but it isn't really feasible right now. The priority of this mod is to handle the companions and their tech. The story I add is only a small side part of it.

3 days ago
(updated 3 days ago)

Thanks for the idea! However, I'm sorry, but I won't add it for now. Each faction mod, such as the ones you have attached, names its enemies differently, so I'd have to install and test every one of them. And if one of those mods changes its names in an update in the future (or changes how it works internally), the lines quietly stop working. That's a lot of upkeep for a line most players see once. Cross-mod compatibility and interactions are generally expensive functions.
Thanks again, but it isn't really feasible right now. The priority of this mod is to handle the companions and their tech. The story I add is only a small side part of it.

yeah fair enough... I will argue that I doubt that three out of the four mods that I've given an example of will ever actually change enemy names but simultaneously that's more of a later down the line thing. Also you could also dump this comparability into another mod.

3 days ago

I am keeping this in my roster. Once I release the mod fully, I'll get back to this. Right now, as I'm stating in my FAQ, it's to make the mod work and only then make it look pretty with original visuals and other trinkets like these interactions.

New response