Cheese's Concentrated Solar

Adds concentrated solar energy based around heliostat mirrors, which can point at solar power towers to generate heat for heliothermal energy production, or solar lens towers to generate giant lasers.

Content
5 months ago
Combat Power

i Provide weaker heat exchanger for pre-nuclear steam/electricity?

6 months ago

Would it be within the scope of this mod to add a low(er) temperature heat exchanger? I noticed your mod in the Exotic Industries official modpack, but in that environment it becomes available long before you can actually use it to generate electricity, because the standard heat exchanger is still locked behind nuclear power.

5 months ago

Sorry I've not had time to monitor this, been a little swamped - My plan for this mod was always a very simple "add a new mechanic", and leave specific modpacks/future mods to add more items, so things like multiple tiers, new buildings for external systems, things like that I don't plan to add, as this is quite s stylistic thing per modpack I find.

For this specific scenario, sounds like this could be a good fit? https://mods.factorio.com/mod/EarlyHeating. One option I am definitely considering though is just bundling the base game heat exchanger/turbine within the power tower research, and defaulting it to exist alongside nuclear power rather than depending on it, as it is quite common for modpacks to push nuclear much further back then what this actually requires.

5 months ago

Your option seems like a good one. Thanks for the mod, I'm quite enjoying it.

New response