Carna


○🌐Adds planet Carna to Space Age, a cold and snowy planet with dormant mechanoids scattered all across the surface.

Content
3 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
12.1K
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Planets Enemies Mining Fluids

b Carna Overrides Character Bonuses from Other Mods

5 days ago

Carna overwrites character modifiers whenever equipment is added to or removed from the armour grid, causing bonuses from other mods to be lost.

With RPG System 2.1.3 (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RPGsystem) installed, my character has +300% crafting speed. After an equipment change, a module with a base crafting time of 15 seconds takes the full 15 seconds to handcraft instead of the expected 3.75 seconds. RPG System still displays +300%.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Enable Carna and RPG System.
  2. Purchase crafting-speed upgrades in RPG System.
  3. Equip armour with an equipment grid.
  4. Add or remove equipment, without any Carna crafting-speed equipment installed.
  5. Handcraft an item with all ingredients already available and measure the crafting time.

In control.lua, update_player_modifiers() contains:

player.character_crafting_speed_modifier = craft_count * CRAFT_BONUS

The same function directly overwrites resource reach, reach, build distance, and item drop distance bonuses. It is also called on player creation and respawn.

3 days ago

I'll look into addressing this. Thanks for the report.

3 days ago

I have pushed out another update, but I don't use these mods much so I am not in a position to reliably test it. But I'd recommend that if you try to apply it, you should attempt to restore your previous bonuses before applying any of the equipment.

a day ago

Thanks for the quick fix! I tested it and it appears to be working correctly. If I discover otherwise, I will message again.

New response