Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

g Adding this mod mid-game?

4 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm running a MP game on a server and want to add this mod to my server. I have backed up my save file. What I wonder is if I just add this mod and load the game, will oversea oil patches show up in not-yet-discovered area? I currently use the Space Exploration mod and wonder what a change can this mod bring to an existing game.

4 years ago

Space Exploration is a mod in which there are many planets. So the question may have two parts: 1) will oversea oil patches be generated on my preexisting planets (just only in undiscovered areas); 2) will oversea oil patches show up on undiscovered planets (whose answer I assume is yes).

4 years ago

I'm neither the author of this mod nor have I used Space Exploration. However, I'd guess that Cargoships would behave with SE just as with other mods: oil patches are generated in newly generated chunks, not in existing ones. But perhaps you could test locally to make sure it really works as expected? Just make a copy of your savegame and add Cargoships to that. (At least, that's what I'd do -- but I play with a locally installed copy of Factorio, not via Steam.)

4 years ago

first of all, yes, when adding the mod midgame oil patches will spawn on newly generated chuncks. I am not sure though if they will also spawn on other planets.

New response