Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b Impossible to select waterway with Q

4 years ago

All other placeable items in the game can be selected (held in the hand, if there are any in the inventory) by hovering over an already-placed instance of the same item and pressing Q (I think that's the default). For example, hovering the cursor over an assembler and pressing Q with an empty hand puts the stack of assemblers in the inventory into the hand.

This behaviour doesn't work with waterways. When I place the cursor over a waterway and press Q, nothing happens whether or not I have waterways in my inventory.

4 years ago

yes. thats because the waterway item in your inventory is not actually the same entety as a placed waterway. this is a result of conflicts between the intended behavior of this mod and engine limitations of a game that never actually was meant to have any buildings on water. i probably could fix this, if its considered a big deal by players. do you consider it a big deal?

4 years ago

It's the sort of thing that's completely dependent on playstyle - I never use the toolbelt hotkeys, if I'm building by hand I do almost all item selection using Q so it's quite jarring when it doesn't work on waterways.

On the other hand, I very rarely need to select waterway items - I can select it once, place a few thousand, then not have to worry about it for days. So I'd call it nice to have but not a big deal.

New response