Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

a broken ship pumps with 0.17.56 update

4 years ago

The 0.17.56 update does break ship loading pumps, (and some waterway placing restrictions)
I will try to fix this, but dont know how long it will take, if your using this mod i'd advise not to update the base game further than 0.17.55 for now

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I have the same bug, i cant unload the fuel on cargo ships because the distance to conect it is now closer and then its in the way of the boat (like one tile closer).

4 years ago

We were stupid enough to have latest version on. now our game has beed loaded with the newest version and we cannot go back and just hope you can fix it sometime :( I really feel with you man, sucks when every shitty little update breaks things in your mod. it must be infuriating.

4 years ago

"stupid enough" - there isnt really a way for you to know if an update breaks stuff, so its not really stupid, i am sorry the mod is broken for you right now and you cant go back.

and most of the time when an update breaks the mod, it is actually caused by faults in this mod that get exposed by the update, so thats not really anything i can be infurated about.
The last update is kinda different though, with the devs revoking a modding ability that has been available for really quite some time, i posted a request in the forum to have another look on that decision and just hope the devs might reconsider. All fixes on my side will proabably be pretty hacky, but i will try to get something out there for now so people can continue playing with this mod even with the newest factroio version.

4 years ago

an fix has been pushed, all ship pumps in already existing setups need to be placed on tile closer to the waterways

4 years ago

I can confirm that i was able to connect pumps to my ship which was not possible before. thank you very much good sir!

Did chime in to your thread, but dont have high hopes. :/

4 years ago

Thanks for this! The issue coincided with me trying to hook up oceanic transport of my sulfuric acid and lubricant for the first time so I was very bummed. But the next day - fixed! I love your mod!

4 years ago

Oh, thanks for the fix! Me and my friend were getting a bit worried, since we only had sea oil because of him somehow disabling onshore fields.

4 years ago

Just updated the cargo ships mod to version 0.0.45, I 're-placed' the ship pumps but still my offshore oil rig is not filling my tanker ship.
I'm running on 0.17.58 right now, with the LTN, vihicle snap, powerarmor MK3 and Cargo ship mods.
Maybe one of them conflicts but had no issues before...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Can't get it to work either. I've tried varying the pump distance by adding a pipe before / after but still won't load my ship.
Does anyone have a screenshot of a working setup they can post?

EDIT: Nm, I got it. I needed to move my ship up one tile (along with moving the pump closer.)

New response