Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
6 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

g Fish Collision?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

What the heck, manually driving a boat is a huge pain with all these fish. It seems odd that a boat would be able to collide with them, though I understand it's probably a limitation from making them "trains". Is there any way we could increase the collision damage or something similar to make running over fish a non-issue?

Edit: this came off way more condescending than I meant. This is an amazing mod!

4 years ago

if you add this line in the data.lua (of any active mod) then the fish will not collide with your boat any anymore.

data.raw.fish["fish"].collision_mask = {"ground-tile"}

4 years ago

Hey!
The boats do not collide with fish by themself, i just tested it again. it must be another mod causing this.

4 years ago

I do have the same problem, possibly a conflict with AAI Programmable Vehicles as you mentioned?

Does the aforementioned solution work? We are playing on a Multiplayer Server so this would require the admin to manually change this on the server aswell as everyone else.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

okay, i dont see what the harm of restricting fish collision to ground tiles could be, i will add that line and push an update soon

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'm having the same issue here but only with bob's/angels fish? Vanilla seems just fine.

Edit:: tried the line above and it dose not seem to work with angels bio-chem fish... and yes i have AAI mods installed (most if not all)

New response