Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b Placing Buoys / Signals

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hi,

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. The straight waterway sections do not show the signal placement markers like straight rails do, instead you see the train/wagon position markers. But you can place the buoys at any position if you try at the right distance from the waterway. My apologies for any confusion I may have caused...

First of all: I really love your mod, it is so cool to use and watch the ships.
However, I am struggling with the placement of signals/buoys: with rails and rail signals there are many places where these can be placed (everywhere at straight stretches and at limited places in bends), but with waterways it seems I can only see the placement markers in bends, and only a few actually allow me to place a buoy. At long straight stretches I see no placement markers at all. This means that only a single ship can occupy that entire stretch, making hard to create long shipping lanes that are used by multiple ships. The only way I found to do that is to zig-zag now and then so that the curves will allow buoy placement.
It also makes connecting these routes to ports/docks difficult because it is hard to place signal buoys to manage all the crossing waterways.
Is this a known problem, or am I doing something wrong? I am running Factorio 0.17.45, but the problem has been there since I added Cargo Ships around 0.17.43 or so. I disabled all other mods, but the problem persists.

5 years ago

Hi.
Even though there are no placement markers on straight parts of the water rail, it is actually possible to place buoys there. Since the graphics iof the buoys dont match the selection boxes exactly, it might be a little bit of fiddling before you find the right spots.

5 years ago

oh i just saw your edit, nevermind then :P

New response