Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
6 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

g How to trigger bridge lift

5 years ago

I think I'm missing something, what triggers the "draw bridge" to lift? and what affect does that have? does the rail become impassable? The boat can drive right through a lowered bridge.

5 years ago

The draw bridge shoudl open by itself, when an automated ship crosses the bridge. Manually driving a boat sadly wont trigger a lift. The rail does not become impassible, only "blocked" signal wise. In the end the bridges function mostly for having a visually pleasing rail-waterway crossing and for engine limitations dont have all the funbctionallity i would like them to have

5 years ago

Thanks, I thought I tested it with an automatic boat but I probably just tested it with a manual one. Curious how they work for auto and not manual, are they just rail signals that have an animation for when they get "reserved" (yellow)? Guess I can answer that by looking at the code. No sarcasm, fantastic mod.

5 years ago

thanks! there are a number of rail signals that are checked for state-changes, depending on those the bridges state is also changed

5 years ago

so can you force one of the signals to manually open the bridge?

5 years ago

nope. i had been thinking about also creating a bridge that only opens on player input or via the circuit network, but for now i dont have the time and there are other features that i would like to implement first.

New response