Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

g CanalBuilder Mod Compat

5 years ago

The CanalBuilder mod allows one to place water (with certain limitations) that appears like normal shallow water, however when attempting to place a waterway on it a message floats up at that location that states "Can't build on Orange Cool".

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

According to its code it replaces the tiles with "water":

local tileArray = {}
    local i=1
    for xo=-1,1,1 do
        for yo=-1,1,1 do
            tileArray[i] = {
                name = "water",
                position = {pos.x+xo, pos.y+yo}
            }
            i = i+1
        end
    end
    surface.set_tiles(tileArray)
end
5 years ago

thanks for the report, i will look into it!

5 years ago

Awesome, thanks!

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

hey! i tried to reproduce this issue but was not able to. "water" is actually the name of shallow water ingame, so that piece of code is correct. are you sure you have enough space to place a waterway? a single "line" of waterfill wont do, you have to make a wider canal, and then place waterway. i am assuming you are using alien biomes? orange cool sounds like terrain added there, so make sure you have enough distance to all land tiles, before placing the water way. If the issue persists, please let me know!

5 years ago

Ah I am using alien biomes, though I thought it didn't do anything to water itself.

I definitely have enough distance however because I can flood fill an area with the canal mod's water of multiple chunks in size, the water way shows it as invalid terrain altogether.

5 years ago

okay, i will look further into it this weekend, maybe something in the alien biomes mod causes a incompatability.

One thing, maybe you could check if you have the same issue when the alien biomes mod is disbaled?

New response