Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b Can't exit boat

5 years ago

Hey!

Since the last update I cannot exit the small boat. I've tried sailing the ship right next to a straight shoreline, reversing the ship to shore, aligning it's right and left side towards the land and even changed the keybinding several times, but still I cannot exit the small boat.

I could enter the boat just fine, but seems I'm stuck on a boat for now.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hey!

thanks for the report. i just checked but it works perfectly on my end. Are you using the newest version of factorio? And does the issue persist with all other mods disabled?

and that's a dire situation, i hope you have enough supplies with you!

5 years ago

Thanks for the fast response!

I did some research and turns out the fault is somehow tied to the save. If I start a new game everything works just fine, but if I load any save from that specific factory it doesn't work. I even tried disabling the mod, saving, re-enabling the mod and loading, but the issue remains.

I might have to start a new factory as I consider Cargo Ships an essential part of the game.

5 years ago

Well if you want you can send me your save file, and i ll try to understand whats going on. I d hate for you to loose your save. furthermore i would also like to know whats causing this and if it can be fixed!

And anther thing you can try this console input: /c game.player.teleport({0, 0}) in order to teleport you out of the boat, and check if things work for you afterwards.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks a lot for the help!

Here's the link for the save:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XoOiBhSzjWAWd74rZff8YUI1E9swlRwQ?usp=sharing

It's a pvp scenario we've been playing with a friend of mine and we both have the same problem. Also, I tried using the teleport command while inside the ship, but it didn't do anything. I also killed my character and built a new boat, but that also did not change anything.

EDIT: We started the save with game version 0.17.

5 years ago

uploading a fix now.

5 years ago

Awesome!

You're quick. It works. Thank you!

New response