Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b Failed to parse changelog …

5 years ago

Wow, you're churning out updates like crazy today! Just installed 0.0.31 and when I restarted, I had to update again. Well, here's another one -- should be really easy, though, and then people will be able to read your changelog in Factorios "Mods" section … :-)

I've started Factorio from Midnight Commander today, so I accidentally saw this line in the output:
"2449.095 Error CachedChangelog.cpp:37: Failed to parse changelog for mod Cargo Ships: invalid changelog file, error on line 1."

Comparing your changelog.txt with that of mods where it didn't fail to parse, I found the mistake: Apparently, the first line of a changelog entry must begin with "-", while you have used lines with an underline character ("_") as separator. By the way, while only the first line threw an error, you should replace the underlines before each entry! Otherwise, parsers will not fail (because the first line would be correct), but misinterpret the file as having just one entry.

Another thing: I'm not sure about the syntax. It may be that only the first character of the line must be "-", it could be that it doesn't matter how long the line is as long as all characters are "-", or perhaps that line must have an exact number of "-". But there certainly are guidelines somewhere …

5 years ago

well there was a game breaking bug in the last release, and i had to push a fix for that quickly :P

and thanks a lot for the input about the changelog.txt, i dind't really think too much about it, but it does make sence that there is something like a fixed syntax. will definitly change it for the next update,

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

and thanks a lot for the input about the changelog.txt, i dind't really think too much about it, but it does make sence that there is something like a fixed syntax. will definitly change it for the next update,

You're welcome! There still is something wrong with it, though. I've sent you a PM with a bugfix on the forum.

New response