Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

g How to place rail bridges?

5 years ago

Hi there!

Great mod. While testing I seem to be unable to place rail bridges. How do I place them? Can you write an FAQ about that? Thanks!

Side note: In your FAQ you write about how to solve the problem with leaving the ship, because the keybinding is invalid. This is already necessary to enter the boat.

5 years ago

Hey,
checkout the entity description. You need to place it a long a stretch of allready existing straight waterway, with no other entities colluding with the bridge.
Hope that works for you!

5 years ago

oh and i just realized another thing: the bridge placement follows the logic of tain-station placement, which depends on the exisiting signals along the track. if you're unable to place the bridge with a certain direction, you might need to place additional signals, making the track a "2-directional" track (at least while building the bridge, the additional signals can be removed afterwards)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hi,
I absolutley have no idea what you are talking about. ;-) What is an entity description? The description of a piece of rail? It does not say anything regardnig this. Do I need to have automated water transportation researched? I have it researched, but also the waterway description does not say anything helpful. And what does "follows the logic of tain-station placement, which depends on the exisiting signals along the track" mean? That I have to place a piece of rail over a piece of waterway and then a bridge materialises? I tried it with a lot of signals and it does not work either. Really ... I am sending you a screenshot and please explain to me how I make a bridge to span from the west to the east railway track. Thanks a lot!

https://i.imgur.com/SjVIIRN.jpg

Wait a minute, do I have to have water transport signals researched? Neither the tech nor the recipes have any enlightening description. I have it researched now and replaced the rail signals with waterway signals. It looks like the following screenshot now, but still no luck with bridges. Please explain to me how I make abridge that spans from left to right. Thanks a lot!

https://i.imgur.com/qJmMwyJ.jpg

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

haha, ok, sorry if my answer was confusing. well the bridge is an object that is unlocked by researching the respective technology. the technology to unlock it depends on water transport signals and advanced electronics i think. if you then hover your mouse over the bridge object in your inventory, you can read its descripttion (thats the entity description). well and from the piuctures you included you are still missing the neccesarry technology, after reasearching it you will be able to build the bridges....

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hey, thanks a lot for your fast answer. I am also happy because are getting somewhere. I started a new game with only this mod enabled and the tech tree had no tech for bridges in it. I also examined all the descendants of "Advanced Electronics", but none enables bridges.

Then I examined the mod. I have the mod archive "cargo-ships_0.0.21.zip" installed in my mod folder. It as of today is outdated. I updated the mod and now the tech "Train bridges" is in it.

My conclusion is, I installed the mod when there were no bridges in it, did not use it, but just recently came back to read about the features of the mod. Sorry for the turmoil and thanks for your help!

5 years ago

glad it works for you now!

New response