Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

i Feedback!

5 years ago

First of all, Love this mod! I started a water world just to make use of it. It works great so far and I feel most things further are just 'polishing'. That said, here is my feedback in no particular order.

1.) Boat 'tracks' are super hard to see and near impossible at night. I have to put a beacon in my hand to light up the 'rail' paths to see them well. A bright light up toggle in the options would allow it to blend in and be visible when needed.

2.) Sounds - Right now it uses the car sound (and way too loud for some reason) but a proper boat /w waves sound would be awesome.

3.) For the oil tanker especially, its hard to see where things should be lined up. My ship pumps on on the ship but unless they are at exact spots they don't work. The cargo ship I had to play around with it to figure out the 'edges' of the cargo hold. So basically, clear indications of where to attach/inserter would be cool.

4.) Making the color sliders work would be sweet ;)

5.) Inserter Reach - The ship is just one block wide like a train which means it needs to be basically ON the shorelines for inserters to reach. Would be cool if the valid area for inserters was 2-3 blocks wide to match the ship.

I think thats enough for now, but again great work thus far!

5 years ago

Agreed about the tank ship alignment. I'm not able to get any oil on to the ship. The off-shore pump shows product. some type of alignment marking, or make the loading point wider.

Like the mod, except for that...

5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, glad your enjoying the mod.

1) i just recently changed the tracks to be less visible, and actually like them a lot more like this. Changing the graphics ingame or lighting them up will be very difficult if not impossible - i could add an option that allows you to switch between new and old design, but a restart would be needed for that to take effect.

2) made the sound less loud, further changes are not a priority right now

3) I will look into creating some kind of visualization for possible ship pump position.

4) well maybe some day...

5) the ships collison mask is actually wider than one block, if not so, inserters wouldnt be able to reach it at all (or only long inserters) i will check it out again, and consider to make it even wider...

5 years ago

visualizations for the ship loading pump position will be added when 0.17 is released, which adds per player rendering options

5 years ago

amazing mod, when the cranes and silo to move stuff around way faster witout loader ?

New response