Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b Straight Water Way Dupe

5 years ago

Cool mod but there seems to be some issues with placing the water ways for ships. I've noticed both of the following:

1) You can place multiple water ways on top of each other/in one tile. Holding down left click to lay a long line of this stuff becomes a huge waste of water ways until you get to bug two...
2) Removing a water way tile is returning 4 "rails" for every one put down. I mean it's not an expensive recipe to begin with so it's not exactly game breaking but it can clutter up inventory if removing a large section of"track"

I've tried disabling every single mod except for this and it's still persisting so I don't think it's a mod conflict. I'm using the latest release (0.0.24).

Anyone had a similar issue? Wonder if there is anyway to fix.

5 years ago

Managed to find what the cause of issue number 2) is. There is a typo in the water_rails prototype

164 swwp.minable = {mining_time = 0.2, result = "water-way", count = 4}

swwp should be changed to cwwp instead. Once changed it works as intended.

164 cwwp.minable = {mining_time = 0.2, result = "water-way", count = 4}

5 years ago

thanks for the report. The whole waterway business is pretty hacky due to engine limitations. But i know whats causing the first issue and will fix both issues for the next release.

5 years ago

Cheers dude, sounds good and thanks for the mod.

5 years ago

One note about this is that I only seem to have this multiple waterway-placing bug while moving. Either within a boat, or even running on land and placing a waterway on a single tile of water (this takes some practice to pull off) deletes them very fast.

While standing still or idle in a boat, the bug does not occur. But it looks like it's being fixed anyway so thanks :)

5 years ago

Just another bug related to this, which may or may not be fixed by the fixes to the above problems.

When using the rail planner to build waterways, it allows you to build over waterways already in place, but it will consume waterways as if placing them.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Both of the issues I mentioned above are fixed in the latest version (0.0.25),

However when doing of those tasks that would previously place lots of tracks, it still currently plays the animations and sounds rapidly of placing a lot of tracks, just that they don't consume the items from inventory any more.

It's not really much of an issue now that the dupe/loss bug is fixed, it's just an aesthetic problem. Just wanted to report it :)

5 years ago

that s due engine limitations and probably wont change (the entity your placing as waterway is not the actually in-game entity - it gets replaced directly on building it. After replacing, the original entity can be placed again - nothing i can do about it, only thing i can do is refund the spent items...)

New response