Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b compat crash with omnimatter. oil removed from autoplace controls.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

crashes with omnimatter [or any other] mod that removes crude-oil from autoplace controls or from generating in a map.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

for checking within control.lua can try and use:
if game.entity_prototypes["crude-oil"] then --vanilla oil well still exists in game
else
if game.entity_prototypes[whatever-angels petro mod calls them] then -- oil well replaced by angelsmods variety
end

5 years ago

It's also an issue with the mod, Factorio World. Deep sea oil isn't placed in the deep oceans.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

factorio world + omni or others may have contributed to the issue, really not sure. i didn't have as much time to test as thoroughly as i usually try and do. i may have jumped the gun on naming which mod was fault. i thought it could have only been caused by one of the mods that removed crude oil from the game. if factorio world also has an issue with it, it may very well be caused by something else

5 years ago

ran a few more tests because i realized it wasn't as simple as Omnimatter+cargo ships=crash. Disabled all mods and started with:

1) Angels[refining, smelting, petrochem],cargo ships, flare stack, omni[lib, omnimatter], RSO = OK / no crash
2) added factorio world. result: OK.
3) added Bob's[lib, assembly, plates, ores, revamp], yuoki = crash
4) removed yuoki and bob's[assembly, revamp] = crash
5) removed bob's ores, plates = no crash.

working theory: when angel's refining, smelting, or petrochem detects bob's ores and plates, changes something that results in cargo ships throwing an error if included in that configuration.

6) disabled angel's smelting and petrochem and re-enabled bob's ores and plates. result: no crash.
7) enabled original set of mods (most mods in current testing environment) excluding angel's smelting and petrochem. result: OK. no crash. 115 mods loaded.

8) disabled all mods. reset environment to only include: bob's ores+plates, angel[refining, smelting, and petrochem] cargo ships, RSO. Result: no crash. ugh.
9) added bob's[revamp, assembly], yuoki, and FactorioWorld. result: no crash.
10) added omni lib and omni matter. result: crash.

"failed to load mods: error in assignID, autoplace-control with name crude oil does not exist. source deep_oil (resource) mods to be disabled: cargo ships, rso-mod"

11) disabled all mods. reset modlist to include only cargo ships, omni lib, omnimatter, RSO. no crash.
12) enabled bob's library, ores, and plates. no crash.
13) enabled angel's refining. no crash.
14) enabled angel's petrochem. crash.

final list of fewest-mods that triggered crash when combine with cargo ships:
Angel's refining and petrochem , bob's ores and plates, omnilib, omnimatter, RSO (and cargo ships of course)

note: also tested without omnimatter but with petrochem and that was able to load. (angel refining, petrochem, bob's ores&plates, rso, cargo ships is fine) adding omnimatter to list triggers crash again.

cargo ships can load with omnimatter if petrochem is removed.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

angels petrochem + bob's ores&plates + omnimatter all combine to trigger this particular issue. omnimatter has angel's petrochem and bob's ores as optional dependencies so perhaps the cause of the error is found somewhere within it when it detects that both are installed. unfortunately omnimatter is above my level of lua knowledge and i can't really understand what the different parts are doing

5 years ago

Maybe try adding them all to Cargo Ships' dependencies?

5 years ago

@usafphoenix: i cant reproduce the issue, started a new game with your "minimal-list", and no crash and oil still spawns on water

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

both omnilib and and cargoships have received update within last 24 hours. issue was likely resolved between them. issue existed prior to release of omni 2.0.43 and cargos ships 0.0.17

5 years ago

disregard last. i just managed to get the error again in a different configuration, i'll look more into it later.

5 years ago

it may be mod-setting related if one of us is getting it and the other can't reproduce with the same mods

5 years ago

1) deleted mods and modsettings.dat. redownloaded mods.

2) enabled only: Angel's petrochem, Angel's refining, angel's smelting, bob's lib, bob's ores, bob's plates, cargo ships, omniLib, omnimatter, RSO.

Result: crashes "Failed to load mods: error in assignID, autoplace-control with name 'crude-oil does not exist."
Mod versions:
Factorio base 16.51
Angel's petro: 0.7.12
Angel's Refining: 0.9.14
Angel's Smelting: 0.4.6
Bob's Functions Library: 0.16.6
Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates: 0.16.5
Bob's Ores: 0.16.2
Cargo Ships: 0.0.17
OmniLib: 2.0.44
Omnimatter: 2.0.26
Resource Spawner Overhaul: 3.8.1

If angels' mods are group 1, bob's are group 2, and omni mods are group 3.
any 2 of 3 groups in any combination can load with Cargo Ships and RSO. but not 3.
Angel+Bob : fine
Angel+Omni: fine
Bob+Omni: fine
all three groups combined: errors.

5 years ago

okay i will try again to trigger the crash. thanks for your detailed report and the time spent finding this out

New response