Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
5 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

i Oil rig modules/upgrades/nerf

5 years ago
  • reduce the storage capacity of cargo ships (even with the slow transport and large fuel transport cost, its still a lot of oil)
  • reduce speed of oil rig and require upgrades to speed up
  • add storage and power requirements to oil rig similar to modules
    • you could either add more storage for more storage OR
    • add steam engines/solar panels/speed module/something to increase drilling speed OR
    • productivity/efficiency
  • add a ghost image placement for ports/water ways/ship loading pumps when placing next to oil rigs/ship loading pumps (it took me quite a few tries to get it to connect and pump)
  • warn player if ship has low fuel level
  • maybe make one of the fuel in the ships slots be a reserve
  • add a dingy/small ship that's twice the speed of the ship, but no storage, very low health (of course have it need to travel on the water ways)
  • increase health of both ships (they are massive and slow)
  • ship explosions cause water/land contamination (maybe a form of landfill with a cliff on it, retextured)
5 years ago

thanks for your input. i will consider it when i get the time to further work on this mod.

5 years ago

Reduce the storage capacity? 150k is pretty much nothing, that's equal to a 6 car train. I'd suggest increasing the capacity a lot, to make real long distance more feasible. Maybe make the capacity a user configurable option to satisfy everyone? Different people, different playstyles after all.

New response