Cargo Ships

Adds massive cargo ships to the game, that function similarly to trains. Also adds deep sea oil, oil platforms, tanker ships, train bridges and other water based content.

Content
2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation Logistics Trains Mining Fluids Power

b Stuck when exiting ship on landfilled terrain

6 years ago

In order to make a land-based stop on the ship's route, I had to use landfill to "flatten" the terrain. Then I usually flatten it further for my Loaders or Inserters to access the ship. I'm basically building a dock. However, when the ship is along these straight areas, such as when the ship has arrived, whenever I get out my character is always stuck on the edge between the water and the ground. Properly stuck, unable to move in any direction, even when I use a shallow water mod to allow me to walk on shallow water and it's an edge between land and shallow water (it also happens on edges between land and deep water). Since one way is walkable land and the other is walkable water, you'd think I wouldn't get stuck, but I still do.
In order to disembark ships, I have to remember to get out before the ship arrives, usually on naturally occurring land. If I end up stuck, I have to board the ship, move it far enough to reach naturally occurring land, and then get out again and resume the ship on its automatic path.

6 years ago

hm thats really weird. i always make artificial docks and never had problems leaving the ship. Does the behaviour remain when all other mods are disabled? do you have any mod installed that changes the behaviour of landfill?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I just disabled all mods except cargo ship, created a new world, enabled cheat mode and all technologies, found a lake, landfilled out into it, then placed the blue line right next to the edge of the landfill (since the land port won't latch on if they aren't right next to each other). I placed a cargo ship on the blue line, got in, found out that I couldn't reach the fuel from the cargo portion of the ship (I'm used to having long reach), got out to go around back to put fuel in, and BAM, stuck on the edge between shore and water. The fact that I'm stuck if I get out combined with the fact that I can't reach the fuel from the cargo portion of the ship and the ship is out of fuel means that this character is completely boned. Thankfully it's a cheat world.
Edit: Just want to add, love the new ship models. They look great.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

i ve been trying to reproduce the issue, but for some reason i just dont get stuck. could you maybe provide me with a save file?

6 years ago

I've uploaded a save to 30-day storage at https://ufile.io/uiqmf (SHA256 Checksum: 1F2D7E7B9A39AE2D7079FF4451EAF3310164C01FEE252B75F927AAAC217B0CFA)
From where the character is standing, simply enter with shift+enter, then exit with shift+enter. The character ends up unable to move.

6 years ago

thanks for the savefile (and the bug report in the first place). what happens there is that the player does get stuck inside the ships bounding box, mining the ship frees him. and a rework of the waterways and how the ports are placed, that ive been planning anyways should fix the issue!

6 years ago

I'm glad it'll be fixed. I had to put a road near my ports and get out before arriving, as well as putting in more turn-arounds so that if I do end up stuck I can call the boat back using the map and not have to wait for it to do the whole loop. It's weird that being stuck in the bounding box will keep me stuck there even after the ship leaves.

6 years ago

thats weird indeed. maybe i was wrong with my assumption about whats happening. the latest version should fix the issue (only for newly created docks), but if you still encounter it anyways let me know!

New response