“We celebrate the tree that stretches to the sky, but it is the ground we should ultimately thank.” - Becky Chambers
Adds elemental carbon items to the game, including flake graphite, graphite, diamonds, graphene, and optionally fullerenes, nanotubes, and carbon black. It also adds a crucible intermediate.
If you enjoy vanilla Factorio, Krastorio 2, or Space Exploration, and would like to add a new resource, this mod might be what you're looking for.
If you use this alongside the other Very BZ mods, the game will become quite a bit more complex. While still far less than Angelbob or Pyanodon, it's a big step up from vanilla.
Flake graphite is a mineable resource that is processed into graphite. Graphite can be used in certain recipes, and can be further processed into diamonds and graphene. Optionally (default on), graphite can be processed into fullerenes and then nanotubes. Also optionally (default off), carbon black is available as a byproduct of oil processing, used to make plastic. Finally, you can enable mineable diamonds in the mod settings, though even enabled, they'll be very rare.
Supported compatible mods:
- Space Exploration & AAI
- Krastorio 2 & Rich Rocks Requiem
- Modpacks like 248k (beta), FE+, 5Dim's, etc.
- Several smaller mods like Deadlock Stacking, Deadlock Crating, etc.
Planned but not yet supported: Omnimatter, Simple Compress, and much more.
Many other mods are compatible, but not yet fully supported. Compatibility suggestions always appreciated.
Special thanks to
- The community, for all the suggestions, feedback, and bug reports!
- snouz (recolored ore graphics, thumbnail style)
- YassineMrabet (initial fullerene image, CC BY-SA 3.0 license, see link)
- nosports and GeneralTank for tons of alpha testing and ideas.
Localization thanks to
Detailed list of changes