Biter Power

Generate electricity by placing biters on treadmills. Biters can be caught with cage traps, or by placing an egg extractor on a buried biter nest. Biters get tired after running on the treadmill after which they need be revitalized, which could be hazardous. Warning, biters might escape!

Content
a month ago
Combat Enemies Power

i [Implemented] chatching escaping biters

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

As i am planing on having a whole farm of biters for energy production, some topics surface with scale

I think its intended to kill or again catch escaped biters with the traps.

But how about (later tech stage) some anethising ammo which will stop the biters for grabs (as like its done when trapping a biter), so bots can get them and again set them in cages( ideally as expended biter)

(other complication could be a brocken cage which need repair, but this would be more like minor

8 months ago

Hello! Thanks again for all the feedback you're giving. As for catching escaped biters, currently the only way is by placing traps around the treadmills. And with the Advanced Treadmills the chances of them escaping gets lower. This isn't ideal though, because you'll never catch all of them, and sometimes they might start attacking another treadmill before it can run over a trap.

I don't particularly want to remove the escaping mechanic, so I think this will stay as is. If you have enough Biter Nests to get eggs from, you should always have enough caged biters though.

On second thought, a late game turret that shoots cages could work. That would mean the biters will always still escape, but you could prevent theoretically recatch 100% of them. You'll always lose some biters through the revitilaition though, but that's intended.

8 months ago

i very much like this escaping.....
( in any case i would make a option to switch it off)
but yes thats the problem that they are probably not very good at finding the traps ;-)

A turret which throws some cages is good, thought a small syringe-bullet would do also (in reality one shoots such syringes instead of cages :-) )

5 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

The mod now contains a Cage Cannon to catch escaping biters more late game.

New response