Amator Phasma's Recycling

This is a simple modification that adds up to two by-products to the intermediate products: scrap metal with a probability of 10% for one or 5% for two scrap metal types. This scrap metal can be collected and later processed in a recycler and then smelted into plates again. It's very simple, but it adds a small layer of complexity to your transport-belt layout. In the early game you can easily solve this with splitters or filter-inserters. Later in high-production areas, you have a dedicated transport-belt.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Manufacturing

b Liquid xxx from granules recipe not created correctly

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

It creates it, but it does so assuming the liquid output is an item, so the quantities are wrong and the output can't be used.

The reason is, this line needs to be updated in function apm.lib.utils.item.get_type(item_name)

-local types_list = {'item', 'fluid'}
+local types_list = {'fluid', 'item'}

I'm not familiar enough with factorio internals to know why this is, but my guess is the items table contains fluids also for historical reasons, so if you search there first it will assume the type is 'item'.

I've tested this and it works for me, but I only tested with my mods (angels, AAIs and some other unrelated ones). I also didn't check other users of the function.

4 years ago

Thanks for the report.

but my guess is the items table contains fluids also for historical reasons

This is not the case and it never was since 0.12, if this happens then a mod have done it.
Can I have an save game to sync with the mods?, because with full bob/angel/aai I can't reproduce this on my own.

I will add your suggested change, but I'm very curious why a mod add an item with the same name of an fluid.

4 years ago

For now I have expand my apm.lib.utils.item.get_type function in version 0.17.83 (library), it will fallback to 'fluid' if it found an ITEM and a FLUID with the same name, and it will write a log entry.

This should help with your problem :)

4 years ago

Thank you! I did do some binary search to see if I could find the culprit but no joy. I'll send you a so-far-"minimal" save via PM in the forums and I'll try some more later myself.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The fluid to item duplication is caused by this mod: attach-notes

4 years ago

Ah ok, thanks! I had an issue with that mod before - I'll post a bug report when I get back to my PC.

This thread has been locked.