Alien Biomes

A collection of additional biomes: Snow, Volcanic, Crater, various colors of Dirt, Sand and Grass. Includes new tree and decorative variants. There are planet controls in the mod options. V3 is a complete rebuild, starting a new map is advised, but there is a terrain regeneration option that will preserve parts of your base. HR Terrain Textures are in a separate mod.

Tweaks
1 year, 4 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

i Itsa verrry niiiice, but...

7 years ago

... I feel that the biomes are too small. With the increased number of biomes, the frequency of transitions is--IMO (of course)--jarring. My suggestion would be to make the biomes much larger overall or increase the minimum size.

Thanks for the mod!

7 years ago

Decrease your terrain segmentation setting at map gen.

7 years ago

Okay, I'll give that a shot! I've never messed with it in hundreds of hours play; it's always set as the default.

7 years ago

Ummm as i know terrain segmentation option was removed and I have't it . What I'm doing wrong (Heavy modded Factorio)?

7 years ago

Yeah, I just came back here to say that Terrain Segmentation is gone in 0.14.

7 years ago

I've tried all sort of ways to add this feature but I can't seem to change the built-in noise scales. I've put a question in the modding help forum to see if it is even possible with the current modding api.

Perhaps if (or when) they add this to stock, they will also fix the built-in terrain segmentation.