Will-o'-the-Wisps updated

A glowing enigmatic life form was found to inhabit alien forests at night. Based on the original mod by Betep3akata. Probably won't work in multiplayer.

Content
1 year, 1 month ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

g [fixed] Update for 0.18?

4 years ago

Will you update this mod for 0.18? Locally, I just changed "factorio_version" in info.json and added "icon_mipmaps = 1" after lines with "icon_size" in the prototype definitions (avoids warnings in the log file). That's sufficient to successfully load the mod -- I couldn't thoroughly test yet if everything works in the game, though. :-)

4 years ago

Any word on 0.18 update

mk-fg β˜†
4 years ago

I'd suggest adding tweaks suggested by Pi-C above and just uploading as a "Will-o-the-Wisps updated2" or something, so that others can use these easily too, if they want to.

4 years ago

As I've already fixed this mod for my own use, and as one of my own mods is useless without it, I'm preparing to upload my local version. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to actively maintain this. So it will be a one-time upload, just to keep this alive until RocketManChronicles resumes working on "Will-o'-the-Wisps updated" -- or until somebody else steps in to take over.

4 years ago

Just uploaded Will-o'-the-Wisps updated (2). I've got a licensing problem, however. For some reason I can't set the license to CC BY-NC-SA, so the default setting (MIT license) is used. Do you have any idea how to change that?

4 years ago

At the top of the page click "My licenses" then "add custom license".

4 years ago

Including a custom license didn't work yesterday, I only could create the license, but it wouldn't be applied. Now I tried again and it just worked -- I really don't know what went wrong there. :-)

Hey guys, sorry I am late to the party. I took a break from Factorio since November. I will work on getting this updated for 0.18 (now that I have time staying in my home lol). Give me a bit to get settled in again.

4 years ago

I will work on getting this updated for 0.18 (now that I have time staying in my home lol). Give me a bit to get settled in again.

Very nice! I still have your mod installed (albeit not active for now), so I'll notice when you've released your update. I will then release a final update for my version that has all content (except for the DE/EN locales and, perhaps, thumbnail.png) removed, conflicts with itself, and adds a hard dependency on your version again to redirect users back to the original.

As already mentioned in the other thread, my version contains a German localization, and I've also fixed the English translations. It would be nice if you'd pull them from my version and include them here, as I've already deactivated these files in my compatibility mod! :-)

mk-fg β˜†
4 years ago

Give me a bit to get settled in again.

If some part of that code make you go "what the F is this here for?" - let me know, can probably remember :)
Or if such questions arise often enough, can probably join some discord chat or something like that.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Fixed a crash where newly created entities immediately became invalid. In 0.1.14, you should add a validity check in line 308:

-- if e and not wisp_spore_proto_check(name) then
    if e and e.valid and not wisp_spore_proto_check(name) then

Please apply this change whenever you're ready to work on this mod again! :-)

Hey guys, looks like some of the changes for 0.18 are messing with this mod. I am looking deep into this and may ask for help from @mk-fg for some clarification of a couple items.

Looking at the timeline, as much as I want to have a release for 0.18, I just may aim for a 1.0 update (since they moved the release forward). Let me keep going and see how it lays out.

mk-fg β˜†
3 years ago

Pi-C pinged me in forum DMs about some changes, and as I was planning to play factorio a bit again, took the time to merge their changes to this mod version, along with few other minor fixes and upload new release with all these, hope you don't mind.
It's not a lot of changes, and hopefully not too hard to rebase anything on top of.

No, I think I will be fine... I have been messing with a few things on my own, but have not published anything. Maybe I should take a copy from you again to work on top of what you released. :)

New response