What Lies Within

Beta version. Most features implemented but lacking a lot of balance. Play at your own risk :) What Lies Within is an overhaul mod that focuses on new underground layers of the planet Nauvis. With each new underground layer comes new challenges and rewards. Do you have what it takes to find out exactly What Lies Within?

Overhaul
2 months ago
Logistics Enemies Environment Mining Fluids Manufacturing

i Research dependencies vs crafting dependencies

1 year, 4 months ago

With vanilla Factorio, you are always/almost always (not totally verified this) in a position to craft an item once you have done the research for it as all items needed to make it have their researches as dependencies of the one which contains this item. i.e. You can only get to Advanced Circuits once you have researched Plastics.

This doesn't seem to be the case with this mod as it will allow you to get a state where you can craft an item, but you can't yet craft the pre-reqs for making it (Advanced Circuits as an example).

1 year, 4 months ago

Ah this is a good catch, you're right that Advanced Circuits should be locked behind Precision Smelting. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it'll be fixed in the next version!

New response