Vehicle Wagon 2

Take with you a fully charged and battle-ready vehicle and take it on a rail trip. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Возьмите с собой полностью заряженный и готовый к бою транспорт и отправьте его в путешествие по железной дороге.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation Trains Combat

i [Implemented] Long-range unload winch for Spidertron

3 years ago

Any chance on getting an upgraded Winch after unlocking Spidertrons with longer/unlimited range (for the command and control, not the unload distance itself)? Since Spidertrons can be remote controlled, it would be handy to be able to ship a few out on a train, and unload it at the remote site without having to be there yourself.

3 years ago

That's a really great idea! I'll give it a try.

Note that I'm probably waiting for 1.1 to be released so that Spidertrons will correctly save all their parameters.

3 years ago

Maybe you can help me figure this out. There doesn't seem to be a perfect option at the moment. You can't use capsule items in map view, so it's not as simple as changing the existing winch's capsule_range parameter.

Option 1: Change the winch to a "selection box" tool. You can click on things like normal, but if you click and drag you get a box which is confusing. It would have to display an error if too many things are selected at once.

Option 2: Make Spidertrons automatically load themselves when they finish a move standing on top of a vehicle wagon. Then make them automatically unload when a train gets to station with a signal? (You can't get any events from un-paired spider remotes to trigger unloading.)

3 years ago

I implemented Option 1 and it works pretty well. The only annoyance is that when you move your cursor, it looks like a vehicle is selected. But the selection box only registers if you select the ground footprint of the entity, which is toward the bottom of the sprite. But I really like the ability to load by selecting the vehicle and wagon at the same time! I'm working on instant-unload and group load/unload as well.

3 years ago

Very nice, I'm looking forward to trying it out. I recently started my first Space Exploration run so expect Spidertrons on multiple surfaces to be quite interesting to move long distances.

New response