Vehicle Wagon 2

Take with you a fully charged and battle-ready vehicle and take it on a rail trip. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Возьмите с собой полностью заряженный и готовый к бою транспорт и отправьте его в путешествие по железной дороге.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation Trains Combat

i [fixed] wagon inventory

3 years ago

hey and tnx for great mod
i did upgrade it a bit so i thought ill share it
so when i was doing my heavy armored and shielded train i found out this wagon got so little hp that tbh its little stupid to put my precious tank on it, my 1st idea was add hp to it but couldnt find setting then i added mod vehicle grid and so i could add shields to it but then it didnt work , grid did apear but couldnt put anything on it so i did remember when i was looking for hp settings in mod files i saw inventory size setting so i changed it to 1 and it worked
so now i got grid on it and 1 inventory space which is also cool cos its ideal place to keep winch item
only 1 problem remain and main reason im posting this - it bugs out with F.A.R.L mod :( good thing is i know exactly why - it crashes game when there is something in wagon inventory and you try unload/load vehicle , not problem to standard use cos i keep only winch there which i take off to unload/load and it never happens but when i forget to put winch back and drive with FARL wagon fills up with stone or wood and then i try unload and it crashes
so my suggestion is :
1. add more hp to this wagon or make 2nd research for armored wagon with better stats
2. add vehicle grid to it or inventory space (so mod vehicle grid works) but make it stop crashing when its full

3 years ago

Thanks for the report. I found the bug that was causing the crash. Update Robot256Lib and it should go away. I"m assuming you are on Factorio 0.18.

I don't know if there is or will be a way to have an equipment grid on a zero-inventory cargo wagon. I haven't decided whether to include that in the default features yet. Perhaps it could have one slot but always be "barred" out so it doesn't get loaded automatically with anything. You make a good point that Vehicle Wagons need some sort of armor.

3 years ago

I finally submitted this as a bug report and it will be fixed in Factorio 1.1! Zero-inventory cargo wagon grid was an oversight that will be corrected when it is released. https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=89160

New response