Vehicle Wagon 2

Take with you a fully charged and battle-ready vehicle and take it on a rail trip. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Возьмите с собой полностью заряженный и готовый к бою транспорт и отправьте его в путешествие по железной дороге.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation Trains Combat

b [Fixed] Not working with aai programmable vehicles

3 years ago

When a vehicle has an AI controller from https://mods.factorio.com/mod/aai-programmable-vehicles AII programmable vehicles mod, it is not possible to load it onto the wagon. It reports that 'Player is inside'. It would be nice to take all of them with me. Lets just say their ai is not amazing at navigating and they struggle to use gate system to cross trains. So a train mode of transport would be perfect.

Also bonus points for "remote wrench" a tool that you can use remotely to load/unload vehicles would be nice.

3 years ago

Thanks for your question. AAI creates "dummy characters" to ride in vehicles so that they will drive. Pi-C gave me some code to detect and destroy dummy characters when loading vehicles. I will look at incorporating that when I get a chance. However, there is an additional step that will require work on the AAI side for it to be seamless. I know AAI can transfer the settings when a vehicle is replaced with a different entities, but I don't think it can save the data indefinitely while the vehicle is loaded in the wagon. You would have to start over with the AI when you unload it. Unless I do something like create a new surface where loaded vehicles are teleported, so that they still technically exist...

The next feature I'm planning to add is a loading ramp that can be automated. It'll be a little while because I'm working on a different project right now.

3 years ago

Oh I see, thanks for the reply! Its a pretty cool mod, I love it :)

3 years ago

I looked at the AAI code and found that it does not watch for vehicles created by scripts like VW2. I left Earendel a message in discord asking for it to handle script-built vehicles, which will make it work at least when the AI is turned off.

3 years ago

Fixed in the next Vehicle Wagon update with the latest AAI version.

2 years ago

Oh nice, thanks will check it out when I advance far enough in the current play through.

1 year, 9 months ago

It's a shame that doesn't work with vehicles that have AI turned on

New response